Sunday, May 4, 2008

Hooo dawggies!!


Aren't dogs great? They can be your friend no matter what's going on; definitely more so than a cat. They'll follow you anywhere and want to be involved in everything, even if it IS just weeding in the yard or doing the laundry.

My dog, Jester, makes me laugh daily with all of his antics. Right now he looks pretty dead just laying here on the floor. He does twitch every now and then to prove that he's still alive. But just moments before, when I thought that he was sound asleep, our cat, Chandler, was sneaking past him to go upstairs. Faster than you could say, "Yikes!" he was after the cat and up the stairs. I swear that the carpet was smoking in his wake!
Jester and Chandler have a very interesting relationship. Jester likes to chase Chandler and will also pester him by just being close and staring. Chandler, in turn, will try to jump to higher locations so that he can look down on Jester and growl. He'll even walk calmly past the dog with his tail held high, and growl to get the dog's attention. I think he actually likes being chased! This shocked me when I finally figured out that he was trying to get Jester's attention. He will also chase Jester back. I love when he hides behind the chair waiting for the dog to walk past. Then he'll swat and run!

1 comment:

Debora Hoffmann said...

What a crackup Jester and Chandler are! (I almost want to call them Jester and Chester...let's start a story called Jester and Chester Like to Pester the Schwester! ;-))